Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thank you for your comments!

I really appreciate all of you who took time out of your hectic schedules to leave comments and/or post your email addresses. The email addresses will be entered into Aeries which will make it that much easier to send communications home. I don't know about you, but it seems that email is a much more convenient way of communication. I realize that there will be times when correspondence will have to be sent home by way of an actual handout. However, things like email, websites and blogs make communication that much easier.

There were two concerns that were raised in the comments that I feel I sould address.

1. What if a student doesn't have access to a computer and/or printer?

I have spoken to all of my classes about this. I realize that not everyone has access. I also realize that there are times when access is interrupted or the computer simply "doesn't work." In these cases, students are free to use the school computers before school, lunch and after school. They can usually print the pages that they need in the library. I am not assigning all of their homework on the web, I am simply making it accessible.

2. Leaving email addresses on a blog makes them public.

I completely agree with this concern. All of your email addresses will be deleted as soon as possible. If you have any other concerns, feel free to email me or leave a comment on the blog.


I plan to update once every week or so. Feel free to continue commenting; it helps keep me informed regarding the effectiveness of the communication.

Thanks again for all of you comments and encouragements.

No comments: